Are you a TurboTax user and heard a lot about the debit card by the solution provider?
Yes, you have heard it right. TurboTax issues a debit card called Turbo Debit Card that lets you enjoy a lot of facilities and benefits.
Since TurboTax is a tax solution, most of the additional benefits of their debit cards are associated with tax refunds, payrolls, etc.
You can get different government benefits and quicker access to payroll by partnering with Turbotax via a debit card.
If you didn’t know if a Turbotax debit card is worth it, the short answer is that it’s completely worth getting a Turbo debit card.
Once you have made your decision to get the card, the next thing will be how to activate your card. This is why we have come up with this article.
It contains information about the Turbo debit card, its benefits, and different ways to activate it and use the card for different purposes.
So let’s get into it.
What Is Turbo Debit Card?
Turbo Debit Card is a solution by TurboTax for its users. When filing your return using the software, you need to specify a method for receiving government benefits, credits, payroll, refunds, etc. This is what Turbo Debit Card is for.
The solution simplifies how you get refunds and credits. Not just this, the process is faster and more seamless when you partner with Turbotax.
Turbo debit card works like all the debit cards you get from your bank. The difference is the additional benefits related to taxation, payments to different platforms/mediums, etc. Besides, it’s a great way to get a card for accessing your funds.
There are free ATMs in the US Turbotax calls their Turbo Visa Debit Card, and you can get your card from Turbotax whenever you want. Turbotax issues Turbo Visa Debit Card in collaboration with the Green Dot Bank of Green Dot Corporation.
What Are the Benefits Of a Turbo Debit Card?
Let’s discuss some of the benefits you get with a Turbo Debit Card. The most applauding benefits of Turbo Visa Debit Card are as follows:
- You get access to a free ATM network across the USA.
- There are no overdraft charges for Turbo Visa Debit Card holders.
- You can use your Turbo Debit Card to pay your bills anywhere.
- You can get access to government benefits earlier than expected. For instance, you can get government credits, tax refunds, and payrolls earlier than the standard date.
- You can get your pay two days before the payday.
And there are a lot of other benefits you get entitled to from time to time. In short, it’s worth trying the Turbotax service for its users.
How To Activate My Turbo Visa Debit Card?
There are several ways to activate your Turbo Visa Debit Card. Let’s discuss each of these one by one.
First things first, let’s discuss activating your Turbo Visa Debit Card. Here are the simple steps to follow, and you will have your card activated:
- Download and install the Turbo Visa Debit Card from your smartphone play store (Apple App Store or Google Play Store).
- Open the app and tap on get started.
- All you have to do is simple instructions within the app, and you will have your card activated in simple steps.
The most common information you will be asked will be about your card number, name, CVV, etc. You should make sure to provide accurate information as asked to save yourself from any inconvenience in the future.
Activate Card Online
The second method is for those who don’t want to download the app. You can activate your Turbo Visa Debit Card online by following the simple steps below:
- Visit the official website of Intuit here.
- Look for Activate Card and click on it.
- You will be asked to provide your card information in the form that opens up. Enter the information like Card expiration date, Card Number(16-digit), and the CVV code.
- Once entered, click on the Next button.
- You will be shown instructions for completing the activation process. It includes creating a four-digit for your Turbo Visa Prepaid card, and that’s all.
- CVV is a three-digit security code that is printed on the back of the card on the right side of the signature bar.
Activate Your Card by Phone
You can also activate your Turbo Visa card using the phone facility provided by Intuit. All you have to do is call on the toll-free number provided by Intuit.
The auto-responder will let you activate your card by adding information like Card number, CVV, expiration date, etc.
Afterward, you will be asked to create your four-digit pin for ATM transactions or make payments during purchases. That’s all, and you’re good to go with it.
Depositing Money To Your Turbo Visa Debit Card
You know how to activate your Turbo Visa prepaid card once you have it. But what about depositing money to your card?
We are here to help you understand the method for it. There are three ways you can add credit to your debit card. Let’s discuss each of them.
ASAP Direct Deposit
ASAP Direct Deposit service is offered by Intuit to its debit card holders, where card holders can get advance access to their regular deposit funds.
It means whenever an amount is directly deposited or credited to your debit card, it becomes usable two business days before the normal time.
For instance, your paycheck is credited on the 2nd of every month. You can get access to the funds on the 31st or 30th of last month.
MoneyPak is a way you can use to add credit to your card by yourself. Whether your friend wants to send money to your card, or you want to add credit, it can proceed without any problem.
MoneyPak service is available at more than 70,000 locations in the USA. The most exciting thing about MoneyPak is that you don’t need to carry your card if you want to deposit money to yourself.
Reload At The Register
The third and final method to add credit and funds to your account is using more than 100,000 retail stores nationwide.
Any store like Dollar General, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, 7-Eleven, etc., can deposit cash at the register. So you can just grab the opportunity whenever you want to add credits or funds to your card.
Checking The Balance Of Your Card
Wondering how you would check the balance of your Turbo Debit Card Account. It’s not a problem at all.
There is always more than one method of checking your balance, activating a card, or depositing money when it’s a Turbo Card.
So here are three different ways you can use to check your account balance:
- The Turbo Visa Debit Card app is the most convenient and quick way to check your balance. It’s the same app that you will use to activate your card. You can simply log in to the app and check your balance, account details, statement, etc.
- The method of messaging is to Type BAL and write the last four digits of your card number after it. The message will look something like BAL 1234 and be sent it to the given number. You can also check your account balance by sending a text to 43411. You will receive a response text with your account balance.
- Finally, you can also check your account balance online. It can be checked by using your Turbo user ID. If you already don’t have one, you can set up to get started.
Turbo Visa Debit Card is a very exciting opportunity for the users who want early access to their funds, whether deposited by the government in lieu of benefits, tax refunds, etc., or their monthly pay.
If you’re of age 18 years or above, you can order your debit card from TurboTax. Besides, it’s important to know that it’s a debit card and you cannot avail yourself credit on this card.